• Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
• Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
• Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
• Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
• Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
• Provide assistance with recruitment of employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
• Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of research contracts.
• Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
• Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the • purchase of materials or services
• Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
• Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
• Set scientific and technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
• Carry out duties in accordance with Power and Water’s safety, environmental and quality policy, safety principles, corporate values and strategies.
Experience and skills
• Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering with minimum 10 years experience.
• Minimum 5 years experience in similar position
• Developed interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people of a different culture.
• Hands-on approach
• Commitment to safe working practices
• Proficient in oral and written Norwegian and English.
• A dynamic and challenging division in an international project environment
• Excellent remuneration package and career possibilities within the Engie Group
For HR matters, contact Kristin Sunde Jakobsen mob. +47 990 32 374